Whilst I don't agree with everything he says (the god-bothering in particular)—and nor am I sure that he can deliver what he promises (the President has, in fact, very little power)—I think that it would be incredible if one of our politicians came out with something like this...
Vision for Economic Growth
- The natural state of our economy is prosperity. Freedom ensures that.
- We must get the government off our backs, out of our pockets and out of our way in order to return to prosperity.
- Policy uncertainty is killing the economy.
Economic Guiding Principles
- Production drives the economy, not spending.
- We can not spend our way to prosperity.
- Government spending IS taxation.
- Government spending is like taking a bucket of water from the deep end of the pool, pouring it in the shallow end. Then they HOPE that the water level will CHANGE.
- Risk taking drives growth.
- Business formation and job creation are dependent on entrepreneurs taking risks.
- Investors who fund those entrepreneurs likewise take risks.
- Measurements must be dependable.
- A dollar must always be a dollar just as an hour is always 60 minutes.
- Sound money is crucial for prosperity.
We Must Unite Not Divide
- When one party seeks to spend so that the other party must focus on cutting, we must unite around economic growth.
- Unite all tax payers, don’t divide them into “income” tax payers vs. “payroll” tax payers.
- Unite those wanting to eliminate deductions with those seeking lower rates.
- As a first step, unite the “Flat-Taxers” with the “Fair-Taxers”
Economic Growth is the Key
- This is the worst recovery since the Depression.
- If the President’s goal was to tie for last place with the previous worst recovery, he failed by 6 million jobs.
- If we had a typical recovery, 13 million more Americans would be employed today.
- That means more tax revenue, less government spending and 13 million less people opposed to reasonable spending cuts.
- The Super Committee must deliver a robust growth solution.
- America can’t wait for 2012, we need growth NOW
- Current circumstances call for bolder action.
- The Phase 1 Enhanced Plan incorporates the features of Phase One and gets us a step closer to Phase two.
- I call on the Super Committee to pass the Phase 1 Enhanced Plan along with their spending cut package.
- The Phase 1 Enhanced Plan unites Flat Tax supporters with Fair tax supporters.
- Achieves the broadest possible tax base along with the lowest possible rate of 9%.
- It ends the Payroll Tax completely – a permanent holiday!
- Zero capital gains tax
- Ends the Death Tax.
- Eliminates double taxation of dividends
- Business Flat Tax—9%
- Gross income less all investments, all purchases from other businesses and all dividends paid to shareholders.
- Empowerment Zones will offer additional deductions for payroll employed in the zone.
- Individual Flat Tax—9%.
- Gross income less charitable deductions.
- Empowerment Zones will offer additional deductions for those living and/or working in the zone.
- National Sales Tax—9%.
- This gets the Fair Tax off the sidelines and into the game.
Phase 2—The Fair Tax
- Amidst a backdrop of the economic boom created by the Phase 1 Enhanced Plan, I will begin the process of educating the American people on the benefits of continuing the next step to the Fair Tax.
- The Fair Tax would ultimately replace individual and corporate income taxes.
- It would make it possible to end the IRS as we know it.
- The Fair Tax makes our exported goods and services the most competitively internationally than any other tax system.
Can you imagine Potato Cameron or any of his merry men coming out with anything like that? No—because they just had their chance at the Conservative Party Conference and they absolutely failed to do so.
Instead, Cameron pushed the virtues of the nationalised monopoly NHS and other centrist—or outright socialist—shit. And, whilst they promised new jobs, they absolutely failed to point out that the state cannot generate wealth or valuable jobs.
It would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic—and serious.
So fuck the Conservatives—and good luck to Herman Cain...!