We have on our hands one of the biggest economic crises ever seen: throughout the Western world, both states and the banks that have bought their bonds are, effectively, bankrupt.
Not only this, but the various governments do not even seem to understand that they are bankrupt, and are continuing to spend far more than their income; their one concession to the problem being to mutter futilely about cutting a few billion—out of structural deficits of many tens of billions—at some point in the next decade.
Even in Greece, public sector workers strike and riot as though their government had any alternative to the—frankly risible—cuts to public spending.
In Britain—aided by the government overspending by almost half a billion pounds every, single day—the debt pile is fast approaching one trillion pounds, with the Coalition seemingly helpless to reduce its overspend, let alone start paying down the debt. And the interest payments alone on said debt eclipsing the Defence Budget and growing swiftly towards the size of the Education Budget (of some £80 billion).
The Coalition's strategy of attempting to shrink the problem by reducing the debt as a percentage of GDP is failing since, rather than cutting government spending, the morons have implemented tax rises that seriously slow economic growth (totally ignoring the rather more successful policy of growth pursued by Sweden).
And what is our Prime Minister's response? That's right: the Buttered New Potato has decided that plastic bags are a real fucking problem.
Britain’s biggest supermarkets are today given an ultimatum by the Prime Minister: Radically reduce the number of plastic bags you hand out by choice, or I will force you to by law.
David Cameron warns that unless stores deliver ‘significant falls’ over the next 12 months, they could either be banned outright from giving out single-use bags or be legally required to charge customers for them.
The Prime Minister says it is ‘unacceptable’ that the number of single-use carrier bags rose last year by...
No: wait. Let me stop you there, Dave. Let me tell you want is "totally unacceptable".
- Failing to get to grips with the state's colossal level of debt is totally unacceptable.
- Failing to cut the deficit is totally unacceptable.
- Getting elected on a platform of restoration of freedom and then doing precisely fuck all to increase liberty in this country is totally unacceptable.
- The continued existence of "control orders" is totally unacceptable.
- Failing to reign in those sent abroad under the European Arrest warrant is totally unacceptable.
- Promising to "repatriate powers from the EU" and then allowing those bastards to continue to rape our wallets and destroy our businesses is totally unacceptable.
- Fucking about with fucking plastic fucking bags whilst all of the above remains unaddressed is totally fucking unacceptable.
Do you get it yet, you massively-foreheaded cunt? Do you?
Now why don't you fuck off and actually address some of the real problems, rather than threatening more laws, more repression and more fucking about in the economy?
Alternatively, why not put an orange in your mouth, a plastic bag over your head, and fiddle with yourself whilst Rome burns. And don't bother not suffocating.
You facile cunt.