- is for… Accountable, something many of our MPs are not.
- is for… Ballot, the lottery process used to decide which lucky MP gets to ask ministers a question, to maintain the fiction that government is Accountable (see A above).
- is for… Commons Committees, and all their spineless, executive-controlled futility.
- is for… Directives, the rules (issued despite Westminster) which really decide how Britain's governed.
- is for… Executive power, once held by those answerable to Parliament, now in the hands of Quangos (see Q below).
And here's something for Jacqui Smith, Tony McNulty, David Miliband and all of those other thieving shitbags who claim that their defrauding of the taxpayer is entirely "within the rules"...
- is for… Not-to-blame, as in “the minister followed official advice”.
And, most viciously of all...
- is for… Smug, self-satisfied, self-regarding SW1.
One might conclude that Douglas is not at all impressed with his experiences of Westminster.
- is for… The grade I give our broken Westminster system after four years there as an MP.
No, not impressed at all.
And I can't say that I disagree with any of that—indeed, I would be foolish to do so, since Douglas knows the workings of that cesspit so much better than I. Except that I sincerely wish that there were a letter after Z that might demonstrate just how piss-poor your humble Devil considers our Parliamentary system to be.
It is fucked, and we are fucked.