Dame Carol Black is a shit
The story so far:
- Dr Scot Junior, a well respected and well liked surgeon in Inverness, calls Dame Carol Black a shit on a doctor's discussion website.
- Prof Elizabeth Paice, london dean and pal Carol Black groupie, calls Prof Gillian Needham, Dr Scot Junior's dean in Highland.
- Prof Gillian Needham immediately suspends Dr Scot Junior from work, in breach of Department of Health guidelines on suspension:Exclusion of clinical staff from the workplace is a temporary expedient. Under this framework, exclusion is a precautionary measure and not a disciplinary sanction. Exclusion from work ("suspension") should be reserved for only the most exceptional circumstances.
The purpose of exclusion is:
- to protect the interests of patients or other staff; and/or
- to assist the investigative process when there is a clear risk that the practitioner's presence would impede the gathering of evidence.
It is imperative that exclusion from work is not misused or seen as the only course of action that could be taken. The degree of action must depend on the nature and seriousness on the concerns and on the need to protect patients, the practitioner concerned and/or their colleagues.
andThe Directions make it clear that staff may be suspended and refused contact with their workplace only if they constitute a risk to patients or staff or if it is thought they may tamper with evidence. Otherwise they must be kept in touch, to keep up to date with developments and maintain their skills.
As the complaint is not related to the doctor's clinical work, nor is there any suggestion or allegation that he is in any way a threat to patients, nor is there any chance that he can 'tamper with evidence' whether at work or not, there is no justification for suspension.
- Senior doctors claim that suspension is a 'neutral' act and that therefore no wrong has been done. This case takes place in Scotland, however under English law, NHS Exposed points out that the senior doctors defending Prof Needham's actions are wrong:In February 2007 a judge ruled that suspension is not a neutral act and cannot be applied to non clinical duties. The case law can be seen here. [Mezey v South West London and St George’s Mental Health NHS Trust] Further judgments are available here and here.
I quote some of the most important extracts :-
The judge states"I venture to disagree, at least in relation to the employment of a qualified professional in a function which is as much a vocation as a job. Suspension changes the status quo from work to no work, and it inevitably casts a shadow over the employee's competence. Of course this does not mean that it cannot be done, but it is not a neutral act"
- Reports surfaced from Inverness that the suspension had been lifted and Dr Scot Junior was returning to work. However, when he did not reappear questions started to be asked. Dr Rant received the following information from a source within Highland Health Board:[Dr Scot Junior] is still suspended, despite local advice to reinstate, regionally needham has blocked his return. The local disciplinary committee and LNC recommended no action to be taken against him, but the deanery has continued the suspension.
Dr Rant is unsure what the LNC is, but it appears to be part of the medical training system. They, and the disciplinary committee, appear to agree with the rest of us: that this suspension should never have happened, and that Dr Scot Junior is not guilty of anything.
So, why has Prof Gillian Needham continued the suspension? Is criticism of the establishment now a crime? Is thinking that the people who made such a mess of medical training last year were idiots now a crime?
No. But clearly any doctor who thinks it is is not fit to practice. Dr Rant thinks Gillian Needham is guilty of gross professional misconduct. Thankfully, Dr Rita Pal, champion of the NHS whistlblower, has reported her to the GMC. (Thank fuck someone is doing something constructive.)
Your humble Devil would like to show solidarity with Team Rant, and Dr Scot Junior, by pointing out that Dame Carol Black is a steaming pile of fresh, fly-blown shit; I would also like to state that Professor Elizabeth Paice is a filthy unwashed, pus-sodden cunt, and that Professor Gillian Needham is a rancid puddle of semen-stained poo.
However, it seems that the scandal goes a little deeper and that it may have been unwise for so many doctors to have been so candid on DNUK.
Dr Rant is disturbed by information circulating both on doctors.net.uk and sent to him by email from people close to the story.
We were aware at the start of the Dr Scot Junior trauma that there had been reports of other doctors who had been referred to the General Medical Council because of things they had said on the doctors-only website.
One of those doctors, Debra Shephard, committed suicide in June/July of this year [was it 2008 or 2007?—Ed.] after the GMC were allegedly sent details of personal things she had posted online.
Who would do such a thing?
Doctors.net has been a hotbed of dissent for years, but had largely been ignored by power hungry people at the Department of Health and the deaneries. However, when the MMC scandal broke and the BMA - as usual - failed to mount any resistance*, thousands of junior doctors organised Remedy-UK online in a very short space of time.
Worse, the BMA later paid solicitors to argue against Remedy-UK and junior doctors (its own members!) in court. Is the BMA run by the same political elite that runs the deaneries? It would explain the joint letter from Carol Black and then-BMA chairman Jimmy Johnson. Online protest forced Jimmy to lose his job as BMA chairman.
Two online victories for bloggers and the doctors.net forums. Suddenly, the Big Shits were taking notice. Suddenly it occurred to them that this intraweb thingy was actually quite powerful. Suddenly they saw the future - a future without them!
Fortunately for the Grosse Merdes, not only do all the doctors on DNUK have their real names and addresses available to other doctors at the click of a mouse, but DNUK security is a joke. A five year old could hack the login system. Plus, most of the shits in question are doctors, so they have legitimate access to the site.
Reports started circulating that things doctors were posting - even on really private areas such as 'The Couch' meant for doctors in distress - were arriving at the GMC.
Well, well, what a surprise. It seems that the medical profession are tearing themselves apart, as those who have been corrupted by their politico mates and their cosy sinecures decide to systematically weed out and destroy their less tractable colleagues.
Still, it is interesting to note that the process works in the medical profession as it does in the rest of politics.
Note the process: find someone who criticises your political scheme, decide on the punishment, find 'evidence' to prove their guilt, decide on the nature of the 'crime' after you determine guilt and deicide on the punishment.
Does that seem familiar? Well, it should: all totalitarian systems that run by people who are unelected, unaccountable, and have limitless powers are the same.
These people are filth. They are scum. They have no insight. They have no empathy. They have no shame. They have no honour. They have no right to be where they are. They have no future.
Here's hoping. What a bunch of shits.
Labels: 1984 Is Not An Instruction Manual, blogging, Cunts of the Highest Order, just not fucking funny, medical care, pompous demagogues, shameful corruption, total and utter bastards, totalitarianism