Via Prodicus, it seems that Warman is now attempting to sue and shut down a number of Conservative Canadian bloggers. Ezra Levant has a detailed post about the background, whilst Five Feet Of Fury sums up.
Richard "The Boy Named Sue" Warman has finally filed his statement of claim.
Canada's busiest litigant, serial "human rights" complainant and -- the guy Mark Steyn has called "Canada’s most sensitive man" -- Richard Warman is now suing his most vocal critics -- including me.
The suit names:
- Ezra Levant (famous for his stirring YouTube video of his confrontation with the Canadian Human Rights tribunal after he published the “Mohammed Cartoons”)
- FreeDominion.ca (Canada’s answer to FreeRepublic.com)
- Kate McMillan of SmallDeadAnimals.com
- Jonathan Kay of the National Post daily newspaper and its in-house blog
- and me, Kathy Shaidle of FiveFeetOfFury.com
Richard Warman used to work for the notorious Human Rights Commission, which runs the "kangaroo courts" who’ve charged Mark Steyn with "flagrant Islamophobia."
Richard Warman has brought almost half these cases single-handledly, getting websites he doesn’t like shut down, and making tens of thousands of tax free dollars in "compensation" out of web site owners who can’t afford to fight back or don’t even realize they can.
The province of British Columbia had to pass a special law to stop Richard Warman from suing libraries because they carried books he didn't approve of.
Richard Warman also wants to ban international websites he doesn’t like from being seen by Canadians.
The folks named in his new law suit are the very bloggers who have been most outspoken in their criticism of Warman’s methods.
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
- Please read our posts about the lawsuit to learn more about it. Ezra Levant's brand new post on the lawsuit has all the details
- Consider posting about our plight on your own websites
- Donate to our respective Defence Funds
Now, I am going to support these guys for a couple of reasons. The first is that this is yet another assault on bloggers' right to say what the fuck we want and should be opposed on that basis alone.
Second, Richard Warman sounds like precisely the kind of fucking holier-than-thou, busy-body, bureauwanking, bansturbating turd-sandwich that should be beaten to death with his own cock.
Rally round, o bloggers!