So, I thought that I would have a go (although this week has been far from typical, I should point out) with the aid of this handy little units calculator.
- Saturday: stayed in and drank two bottles of strong Abbot Ale.
- Sunday: three pints of Tribute at the pub quiz.
- Monday: stayed in and drank a bottle of white wine.
- Tuesday: lunch at the Liberal Club, courtesy of Katy. Drank the majority of two bottles of wine, a glass of port and a glass of dessert wine. This will have to be a slight estimation, I'm afraid.
Wine 14: units + Large Port: 3 units + Dessert Wine: 2.5 units = 19.5 units.
We then met up with a number of other bloggers at some place on the South Bank, where I drank 13 passionfruit margheritas (including 2 "on the house". Result!) and 2 raspberry something or others. I shall estimate 1.5 units for each.
Total: 45 units.
- Wednesday: 2 pints of Young's in the pub.
- Thursday: an evening meeting in the pub about a campaign website. 6 pints of Samuel Smith's Bitter.
- Friday: lunch with a friend involved 2 pints of Abbot Ale.
The evening involved 3 pints of Sammy Smith's and then on to Burns So Bright. There I drank 4 double vodkas on the rocks with fresh lime and 4 pints of London Pride.
Vodka: 8 units + Beer: 15.7 units = 23.7 units.
So, what was my total alcohol intake for the week? 110.2 units.
Having said that, the very untypical Tuesday does skew the result slightly. A more typical week would probably amount to roughly 50 or 60 units. What's the safe limit again? 28 or something?
Perhaps we should turn this into some sort of meme: why not do the same thing and tot up your week's alcohol intake?
Still, whilst I should point out that I did not fight anyone, pinch anyone's bottom or mug any old ladies, I look forward to the inevitable scolding from A&E Charge Nurse in the comments...