All of those bloggers on this cabinet have been elected because I think that they can, and will, produce the country that I want whilst being able to balance my recklessness with prudence (and not in the Gordon Brown sense). We are all blogging about what a shithole—economically, intellectually and socially—this country has become. What more evidence do we need that Tim, possibly our best economic consultant, lives in Portugal?
We need to make this country a better place; in fact, we can make this country a better place. I present to you, the DK Cabinet.
The Cabinet, in no particular order:
- Minister for Education: David T
- Minister for Transport: David Farrer
- Minister for Health: Andrew
- Chancellor, with special remit to make sure that the Olympics are not the absolute financial fuck-up that they are presently destined to be: Snafu.
- Irish Office (with special responsibility for smoking in bars): Twenty Major.
- Benign* Dictator In Chief: DK
(*As long as it's not too early in the morning.)
- Department of Trade & Industry: Timmy and Chris.
- Home Office: Mr Free Market (with special remit for firearms and vermin eradication) and Jarndyce and The Pedant-General.
- Foreign Office: Chicken Yoghurt and Owen.
- Scottish Office: Arthur and Curious Hamster.
- Getting Us The Fuck Out EU Negotiators: EU Serf
- US Ambassador: George.
- General Advisers: Chris and Guido.
- Special Advisers (Ministers Without Portfolio): Nosemonkey and Scott.
- Minister for Science and the Effctive Teaching Of IT (or IT): Pootergeek.
I would like, as I said, a maximum of three policies by this coming Monday. EU-Serf, and a couple of others, have already obliged. Please do so in the comments to this post or, preferably, email: chris AT devilskitchendesign DOT com
Oh, and Queen Spanky can be PR Whore if she wishes...
Anyway, you bloggers: post, for we will rule...